Throughout the year, parents of very young children come to the St. Paul Lutheran School campus looking for the best. They are, of course, seeking safety for their precious little one. They seek bright, welcoming classrooms and excellent facilities. They desire a proven track record of service and an on-going striving for improvement.
But they are also seeking a place of love, of patience, of nurture and unconditional love. They long for a place that uses developmentally appropriate practices to help their child learn about the world and about him or herself. And often, they also seek a place where God is honored and the teachings of the Bible are shared in story and song, and then practiced in real life.
When families visit our Early Childhood Enrichment Center program, they are seeking all these things and they find them.
Would you come and join the many others who visit St. Paul Lutheran School’s Early Childhood Enrichment Center and find that it is the best place for young children?
The Early Childhood Enrichment Center Story
St. Paul Lutheran School’s Early Childhood Enrichment Center opened its doors in 1994 at our former campus on South Florida Avenue in Lakeland. There was a clear need for quality childcare in the community. However, at St. Paul Lutheran School, we had two additional callings. First, the intent was to provide a clearly Christian program that was not simply housed at a church, but reflected Biblical principles in every way possible. Second, to make it more than child care. The vision was to enrich the lives of very young children with a solid program of learning and developmentally appropriate activities.
As the program grew, it was moved to the Harden Boulevard campus and into classrooms and facilities even better equipped to carry out the mission. Since that time the program has grown to serve over 80 children annually.
The St. Paul Lutheran School Early Childhood Enrichment Center (ECEC)
- Serving children ages 15 months (and walking) through entry into Pre-Kindergarten
- Enrollment openings throughout the year, whenever a child is age eligible
- Smaller class sizes allow more individual attention
- Core classes operate from 8 AM to noon every school day
- Wrap around child care available beginning at 7 AM and until 6 PM
- Offering a full year All Inclusive plan or a school year program with summer and school holiday options
- Three schedule options for those on a school year plan: five days per week; three days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday); or two days (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Meets or exceeds all Florida Department of Children and Families and Early Learning Coalition expectations
- Staffed with an experienced and caring full-time lead teacher in every classroom and a complement of committed and trained teacher aides
- Daily learning activities to help children be prepared intellectually and socially for Pre-Kindergarten. *Yes, this includes assisting parents with training a child to be independent in the toilet.
- Centers for imaginative play and discovery
Jesus Time daily, along with prayers, Bible songs and practicing Christian living
- Sharing, taking turns, following instructions, following a leader, interacting with an adult and classmates
- Singing, movement, large and fine motor skills development
- Developing verbal skills
- Regular library story times
- Regular reports on student progress and growth
- Hot lunch program available
- Large, modern, well-equipped classrooms
- A safe and secure play area specifically designed for the children in this program
- Part of a wide ranging and highly regarded educational learning community with a shared mission