There are a variety of ways in which a family can receive assistance with elementary (K-5th) and middle school (6th-8th) tuition at St. Paul Lutheran School.
The State of Florida coordinates scholarship assistance to low income families (Gardiner Scholarships ) and to those with identified special educational needs (McKay). Links to the home pages of both programs are found below.
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School also funds over $160,000 in internal scholarships annually to qualifying families through the St. Paul Lutheran School Scholarship Fund. These families are able to receive the benefits of a solid Christian education which they might have never thought possible. It is not without sacrifice on the part of the families and St. Paul Lutheran School, but the families receiving aid are blessed immensely.
The link to FACTS found below is the path by which families can apply for St. Paul Lutheran School Scholarship Fund financial aid. Parents complete a confidential and thorough application form and submit it with a fee to FACTS. (St. Paul Lutheran School receives none of this fee.) Then FACTS issues a detailed report indicating a recommended financial aid amount.
St. Paul Lutheran School then presents a financial aid offer to parents. Parents are asked to keep such offers and the details of final arrangements confidential. St. Paul Lutheran School commits to doing the same.
Persons receiving financial aid are always responsible for a portion of the tuition and all of the application, registration and other fees.
Pre-Kindergarten and ECEC Scholarship Assistance
Typically, St. Paul Lutheran School does not offer scholarship (tuition) assistance to families with students enrolled in our prekindergarten program or our ECEC program.
Elementary and Middle School Scholarships
St. Paul Lutheran School offers assistance with the cost of student tuition to families who objectively qualify for assistance. Families are always expected to cover application and registration fees and at least a portion of the tuition cost.
- Parents must first apply for Step Up/Gardiner/McKay scholarships before applying for the St. Paul Lutheran scholarship through FACTS. Applications for these funds can be done at the same time, but funds may not be awarded from the St. Paul Lutheran School scholarship (through FACTS) until the answers are back from the other scholarship funds.
- If parents are applying for the St. Paul Lutheran School scholarship, they must apply through FACTS. FACTS does charge a nominal fee to the applying family.
- Follow the link to the FACTS application.
- The school finance office will contact the family once a recommendation has been received from FACTS and if the family qualifies, a modified tuition amount will be determined.
- Families accept the scholarship amount and sign documents indicating their commitment to the scholarship process, both financially and in actions, including student behavior and academics and parental involvement.
Mrs. Tracy Trinklein, firstname.lastname@example.org, is happy to help parents with information relative to the scholarship program.
- Financial Assistance Information
- Find out your eligibility for scholarship assistance
FACTS provides a complete analysis of your family’s financial need and provides it to St. Paul Lutheran School’s scholarship team. St. Paul Lutheran school will contact families notifying them of a scholarship offer. Students do not need to be fully enrolled at the time a scholarship assistance analysis is done.
- Gardiner Scholarships for Students Link
- McKay Scholarship Program Link